Etiwan Masonic Lodge No. 95  - 438 Whilden St., Mount Pleasant, SC. 29464

Freemasonry is the world’s oldest and largest Fraternity.  Its history and tradition date to antiquity.  Its singular purpose is to make good men better.



On November 18, 1859, a Warrant of Constitution was granted to Etiwan Lodge No. 95 AFM by the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Ancient Free Masons of South Carolina. The lodge organized under dispensation on February 19 and held their first meeting in Town Hall on March 4 of that year. The fraternity purchased its lodge hall that same year for $500 and has remained in the same lodge building ever since. The structure was built in 1835 as the original St. Andrews Episcopal Chapel. During the Civil War, lodge meetings were suspended. Mount Pleasant served as the Berkeley County Seat from 1885 to 1895, and some members traveled for two days to attend lodge meetings. In 1913, members contributed funds to help organize a chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star. The lodge grew steadily from its humble beginnings and remains strong to this day. In 2009, a historic marker was erected in honor of the 150th anniversary of the Etiwan Lodge No. 95 AFM.

Copyright Ó 2010-2014,Designed & Hosted by MasonicPages.com A Division of Absolute Solutions, Inc.